Monday, July 20, 2009

The Best Part of Outdoor Retailer: Chillin' in Boise

I'm a little scared to count the number of times I've been to the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market trade show in Salt Lake City. Let's just say 10 times would be an accurate guess. While the thrill of the show floor never completely leaves me, other experiences have crept up as even more delightful.

Here's a picture of Marcia Cook and Ryan Whitesides, two friends who happen to live partway between Portland, Ore., and Salt Lake. When I asked if I could lay over a night on my way to the show, they opened their home to me with kindness and generosity I've not experienced in ages.

I had such a great time with Marcia and Ryan, I wrapped my Outdoor Retailer business up a day early so I could scoot back to Boise and hang out. What sweet memories of summer I'll always have of Boise! As long as they'll have me, I'll be back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mike - you are ALWAYS welcome here! Our home is your home! Thank you for the kind post - we love you!